Each student is assigned a textbook at the beginning of the school year. The publisher also provides both an online textbook and audio textbook.
This year we use:
- Pearson Education’s North Carolina, Land of Contrasts. 2009 Ed.
- Prentice Hall’s America: History of our Nation. 2007 Ed. (Used in class, not assigned)
An online textbook is available for both books. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view the PDF files, and Adobe Flash Player for the American History textbook. Both are free.
North Carolina, Land of Contrasts:
You may also listen to an audio recording of the textbook, but you are required to log in first. To listen to the audio textbook:
- Go to http://www.mystatehistory.com/ (opens in new window)
- Select “North Carolina”
- Enter the password nc09hist and click “Go”
- Select “Audio Book” from the menu on the left
- Click the textbook section to listen to the selection in MP3 format
America: History of our Nation: Online textbook (opens in new window)
To register in SuccessNet for the first time:
- Information coming soon
If you’ve already completed the registration process you may simply log in to www.pearsonsuccessnet.com with your user name and password. If you’ve registered for another class you will need to go through the process again for Social Studies.